Saturday, May 13, 2023

Janelle Monáe Disrobes for Her New Album's Underwater Cover Art, "The Age of Pleasure"

 Janelle Monáe is releasing new music! The singer-songwriter and actress debuted the cover art for her next album The Age of Pleasure on social media on Friday. The image features the woman underwater with naked breasts and a smile on her face swimming across several other people's legs.


On Thursday, Monáe released the most recent single from the album, "Lipstick Lover," and appeared to tease the topless artwork by remarking in a tweet, "Titties out for the next 15 years," She discussed the idea for the new project, which will be her fourth full-length studio album, in an interview with Zane Lowe that aired earlier this week on Apple Music 1.

Monáe said to the host, "All the songs were written from such an honest space," adding that even after 15 years in the business, she still finds it difficult to make music. It never ends, you see. even with this project and album. I simply say, "You know what? It demands effort. I have to rediscover everything. I must exercise. I've had to... Thank God, I enjoy the music. Yeah. Therefore, it's always enjoyable to do. It's like painting from scratch. With this album, she said she wanted her audience to be able to witness how she's "had the opportunity to evolve and grow and to tap into the things that bring me pleasure, the things that perhaps I should rethink and rework."

The "Float" performer elaborated on The Age of Pleasure's honesty by saying, "Listen, I've had my age of depression. I am no longer anxious. I've reached the end of my tether. Again, life is not always enjoyable, but I believe I have recently made an effort to seek out... How do I make room for myself? How can I change the way I'm thinking about things? How do I understand that the place to discover joy right now is in the present moment, in times that we can never have back? Your time has come.

Don't allow it be misunderstood that we're going to try to do something different five minutes later, says Monáe, who claims that her new song reflects the status of her life right now. And once more, this is simply my current experience; regardless whatever I may be going through, there will come a day when I won't even be able to talk about this horrible moment. I won't."

The musician is seen at a steamy pool party with nude women, masturbation, and sex toys in the NSFW music video for the song "Lipstick Lover," which was also published on Thursday. It complements the passionate lyrics of the song, which she claimed were motivated by late-night make-out sessions, according to Apple Music."I usually wear red lipstick, but I'm not wearing any today. And there have been numerous occasions when I have had sex with someone in the dark at a party, she claimed. "No one takes notice. However, the person I had a sexual encounter with had lipstick all over their face when the lights came on.

"And then I've also been on the receiving end of a human," Monáe continued. who is so appealing.... Or I might arrive home and exclaim, "Oh my God." I had lipstick on my face all over. Additionally, I've played the role of the "Lipstick Lover," and you already know who I kissed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment